Phone (859) 218-0732
Fax (859) 257-7125
1405 Veterans Drive (Office:307)
Lexington KY 40546-031
My lab uses biochemical and molecular approaches to isolate genes regulated by AGL15, a member of the MADS-domain family of proteins that preferentially accumulates in developing embryos, and to understand how AGL15 controls gene expression. This is an initial step in my program's long-term research interests in regulatory networks active during seed development and during somatic embryogenesis.
- 2004-present Associate Professor, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky
- 1998-2004 Assistant Professor, Department of Agronomy, University of Kentucky
- 1997-1998 Research Associate, Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 1993-1997 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 1987-1993 Graduate Research Assistant, Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Program in Cell and Molecular Biology. 1987-1993, Advisor: Dr. Kenneth Keegstra,Thesis: Specificity of a Chloroplastic Protein Transport Apparatus and Identification of Selected Components.
- B.S., University of Michigan-Dearborn, 1983-1987, Advisor: Dr. Charlotte Otto, Major: Biochemistry