Areas of Interest: Genetic improvement of crop plants utilizing molecular biology, tissue culture and transformation approaches. Specific interests include forage-animal interactions, plant growth and development, gene discovery, plant metabolic engineering.
- 2004–Present: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Plant & Soil Sciences. University of Kentucky
- 2004–Present: Research Plant Molecular Geneticist, Forage-Animal Production Research Unit, USDA-ARS, Lexington KY
- 2003–2004: Research Assistant Professor, Department of Agronomy, University of Kentucky
- 1995-2003: Research Specialist, Department of Agronomy, University of Kentucky
- 1994-1995: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Agronomy; University of Kentucky
- 1992-1994: Canadian Government Visiting Fellow; Ag. Canada; Fredericton, NB, Canada.
- 1992 Ph.D. Botany; University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 1984 M.S. Agronomy; Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.
- 1979 B.A. Philosophy; St. Andrews Presbyterian College, Laurinburg, NC.