Director of Graduate Studies
Phone (859) 257-4202
Fax (859) 257-3655
1100 Nicholasville Road, Lexington KY 40546-0091
- 2006-present Professor, University of Kentucky
- 1997-2005: Associate Professor, University of Kentucky
- 1991-96: Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
- 1989-90: Postdoctoral research scholar, Department of Soil Science, University of California, Berkeley
- 1985-89: Graduate research assistant, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University
- 1982-84: Graduate research assistant, Department of Soil and Environmental Sciences, U. California, Riverside
- Ph.D. 1989 Michigan State University – Crop and Soil Science (Soil Microbiology)
- M.S. 1984 University of California, Riverside - Soil and Environmental Science
- B.S. 1982 Iowa State University - Agronomy and International Agriculture
PLS 566 SOIL MICROBIOLOGY. (3)
The nature and biochemical activities of soil microflora; their significance in soil genesis and structure and their role in soil fertility. Prereq: PLS 366 or an introductory microbiology course or consent of instructor.
PLS 567 METHODS IN SOIL MICROBIOLOGY. (1)
Methods in Soil Microbiology will be a laboratory course dedicated to introducing upper division students to the methods and techniques used by microbiologists and other soil scientists to examine organisms, interactions, and processes in soil systems. Laboratory, three hours per week. Prereq: PLS 366 or introductory microbiology course.
PLS 660 ADVANCED SOIL BIOLOGY. (2)
A critical evaluation of the current research status in selected aspects of soil biology. Prereq: PLS 566 or consent of instructor.