Phone (859) 218-0760
Fax (859) 257-7874
1405 Veterans Drive Lexington KY 40546-0312
AREAS OF INTEREST
My research program emphasizes the general area of plant biochemistry and genetics and the application of biotechnology to crop improvement with particular emphasis on food, lipid and oil quality, new uses of agricultural commodities and plant pest defense. This research involves the investigation of metabolic pathways and the identification, isolation, cloning and manipulation by plant genetic engineering of agriculturally important genes. A major research thrust is the understanding and manipulation of fatty acid metabolism and triglyceride synthesis. We are changing triglycerides of oilseeds, with emphasis on soybeans, for improved edible and industrial quality.
- Junior Fellowship in biomedical research with US-National Institutes of Health (NIH), 1973-1977
- Research Assistant in Plant Physiology, University of Maryland, 1977
- Graduate Research Assistantships, University of Illinois, 1977-1981
- Graduate Fellowships, University of Illinois, 1979, 1980
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship for work at Kyoto University Research Institute for Food Science, February 1982-August, 1982.
- B.S. in Agronomy, University of Maryland (1977)
- B.S. in Chemistry, University of Maryland (1977)
- M.S. in Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Illinois (1980)
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Illinois (1982)